It's Rum Time!
Spiced rum – arguably the most versatile spirit we have on our shelves. Either enjoy neat, with a few ice cubes or just a dash of coke. They also make a great base spirit for adding a twist on some cocktail classics. We have put together a couple of ideas below but sometimes it can be better just to see what you have in the cupboard and don’t be afraid to get stuck in. Black tea, some good quality spiced rum and a dash of lemonade makes a cracking drink!
- Spiced Rum Old Fashioned – spiced rum, sugar syrup (preferably demerara but any will do), a few dashes of bitters and a slice of orange.
- Spiced Stormy – good quality spiced rum, some ginger beer, ice and a slice of lime.
- Pineapple Punch – spiced rum, pineapple juice, orange juice, a lime, some ginger ale and a little sugar syrup.
- Spiced Mojito – spiced rum, ginger, lime and mint with a little sugar syrup.
- Bloody Mary Bought a Boat – spiced rum, tomato juice, a squeeze of lemon, Worcestershire Sauce, dry sherry or red wine if you have a bottle already open. Salt and pepper then you are good to go.
- Rapple – spiced rum and apple juice. Add a slice of lime if you have any at home.
- Cuba Libre – spiced rum, coke, ice and lime. Nice.
Simple and quick sugar syrup:
- Dissolve 300g caster sugar in 150ml water over a low heat.
- Cool then store in the fridge.
If you fancy a treat, we have bottles from both Scotland and further afield. Take a look here for a full description of each.
To see our full range, including white and golden rum then click here.
Cheers and have a good weekend!!