Grape variety:¬†100 % Garnacha Tintorera
Vineyard:¬†750-900 metres altitude, 45-60-year-old dry-farmed bush vines planted in cool and sandy plots to obtain a wine with sweeter tannins whilst preserving the fruit on the palate, nutrient-poor and limestone-rich soil, average yield of 1.2-1.5 kg of grapes per bush vine, scarce rainfall, organic farming methods & sustainable winery practices.
Ageing: 6-8 months.
Harvest:¬†hand harvesting during the first week of October selecting the best small bunches of grapes with optimal maturity.
Type of cask: American fine grain medium-toasted oak casks (300 L)
- SILVER ‚Äì The Real Review 2019 (2014 vintage)
- BRONZE ‚Äì International Wine Challenge 2018 (2016 vintage)
- BRONZE ‚Äì Decanter World Wine Awards 2018 (2016 vintage)
- SILVER ‚Äì Mundus Vini¬†2016 (2014 vintage)
- SILVER ‚Äì Portugal Wine Trophy 2016 (2014 vintage)
- SILVER ‚Äì Berliner Wein Trophy 2016 (2014 vintage)
Vinification: continuous maceration at 25¬∫ C during 2 weeks to preserve the primary aroma of the fruit and not extract to much tannin on the palate.
Tasting notes:¬†Rich and full-bodied red wine deep in colour with an extensive range of ripe dark fruit and wild fresh herbs. Smooth juicy tannins and good levels of natural acidity combine to offer a wine full of flavour.
Food pairing: Enjoy this incredible value-for-money Mediterranean-style wine on its own or with roasted or grilled red meat or game bird dishes.
Serving temperature:¬†Best served at 16-18 ¬∞C.